Pages


Long Ass Week!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Last week was really long, I had such a busy week at work with some long hours which really took its toll on me. I was getting home - quickly eating dinner - and then rushing to the gym. My workouts are also quite heavy at the moment, and will be like this up to the run- up to my comp until I have some days of complete rest (I am actually looking forward to this and so is my body).


I got all my work out on Friday at a nice time so left at 4.30pm and the tiredness from the week just hit me and I had to go have a nap!

Later on we went Wine Tasting (this was really couldn't have come at a better time after the week I had) it was so much fun! We had a man from Pieroth Wines come and talk to us all about their wines, and got to try out 6 white wines and 5 red wines. I seemed to prefer all the sweet wines.



The previous Sunday I went and practised the events at the gym where my next comp is being held. The log is different to the one we have in my gym, the one I am used to is a lot smaller and narrow compared to the one I will be using on the day. At first I couldn't do it (I was thinking "sh*t) but when I got used to the different technique and managed to rep it ok. I'm so glad I got the chance to practise with it!

32kg Log for reps - 60 secs



Monday I had a rest and had a couple of friends over for dinner. It was just nice to chill and have a catch up with them.

Leg day was on Tuesday and went like this:

Back Squats - 77.5kg x 2 reps x 4 sets
Paused Back Squats 50kg  x 5 reps x 5 sets
Front Squats 40kg x 6 reps x 3 sets
Lunges
Barbell Hip Thrust
Prowler

On Wednesday it was back day, and this what I did:

Deadlift - 100kg x 2 reps x 4 sets
Deficit Deadlift - 65kg x 5 reps x 5 sets
Band Assisted Pull-ups
Glute Ham Raises
Face Pulls
Farmers Walk

100kg Deadlift x 2 reps



My friend came and trained with me on this day, she's being going to the gym since January and has lost 18lbs. She managed a 90kg Deadlift, with more in the tank! Go Steph! :)

Steph's 90kg Deadlift


Thursday I would normally go to my Krav Maga Class (self-defence style class) but I didn't get home until late so missed that and when to the gym instead and done Shoulders/Chest.

 I managed to do my PR for Strict Military Press for 2 reps x 4 sets @ 30kg (I did have to push press the last rep a little) but was happy with this :)

The rest was:
Close Grip Bench 27.5kg x 5 reps x 5 sets
Incline Bench 27.5kg x 8 reps x 3 sets
Band Pulls
Lat Pull Downs straight into Pull To
Tricep Pull Downs
Front Raises

Bench is definitely my weakest lift by far, and will work on improving this but I need to concentrate on my overhead press for my competitions.

Saturday and Sunday I practised events, this included:

32kg log press for reps - 60secs
8kg kettlebell hold
45kg Farmers Walk
120kg Yoke
80kg Deadlifts for reps - 60secs

80kg Deadlifts for reps - 60secs

I managed 17 reps. This nearly killed me, at the end my legs were shaking!

My boyfriend is also competing at the same competition as me but in the Intermediate Category. This will be his first Intermediate Competition, which is the next stage up from Novice. He's had to deal with a lot of injuries recently which has put him back a bit but he still manages to come back and smash it!

Here is doing the 55kg Monster Dumbbell at the weekend (first time practicing it): 



Do you sometimes have those long annoying weeks that you can't wait to be over?



No comments:

Post a Comment